The Gang

The Gang
October 2008 Sweet Potatoe Harvest

About Me

I am a busy mommy of 6, seeking to be a loving, godly helpmeet to my husband and a biblical discipler to my children. God has blessed us with a child with Autism. May the lessons that the Lord is teaching me and our family be a blessing to you and yours!

My Favorite Books

  • Bible
  • Created to be His Helpmeet by Debi Pearl
  • Four-Season Harvest by Eliot Coleman
  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver
  • Home Cheese Making by Ricki Carroll
  • Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon
  • Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp
  • The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace
Monday, June 22, 2009
Today began Strawberry Jam season. The local Amish are selling wonderful ripe berries. I picked up some today so Elizabeth and I could start making jam. We were able to get 13 pints of Strawberry Rhubarb and 9 ½ pints of Strawberry done when all of a sudden my stove died. AGHH!! Both the stove top and the oven are not working. I checked the fuses in the basement thinking that I had blown a fuse, but they appear to be fine. The clock on my stove still works but none of the burners nor the oven work.

The worst of it is that Phil is out of town. I'm going to try to find a dealer that sells Amana stoves to see if I can get a service guy to take a look at it. I have about 7 gallons of milk that need to be made into cheese in the fridge and more strawberries coming on Thursday and Saturday from our Amish friends. This is NOT a good week for me to be without a stove. Well I cannot think of a week that would be a good one for me not to have a stove, but this one makes life even more challenging!!

UPDATE: Would you believe that the stove was unplugged?? The only portion of the plug that was still in was the part that worked the clock. I'm so thankful that it wasn't a broken stove! We have since canned a total of 66 pints of Strawberry Rhubard and 24 pints of Strawberry. Now we are working on freezing berries whole and crushed. Whole for smoothies and crushed to serve over ice cream and short cake.

0 comments: