The Gang

The Gang
October 2008 Sweet Potatoe Harvest

About Me

I am a busy mommy of 6, seeking to be a loving, godly helpmeet to my husband and a biblical discipler to my children. God has blessed us with a child with Autism. May the lessons that the Lord is teaching me and our family be a blessing to you and yours!

My Favorite Books

  • Bible
  • Created to be His Helpmeet by Debi Pearl
  • Four-Season Harvest by Eliot Coleman
  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver
  • Home Cheese Making by Ricki Carroll
  • Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon
  • Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp
  • The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace
Saturday, November 3, 2007
Today is the second full day of no daddy for us. We are praying that we will be able to find a home soon close to Phil's new job so we will be together again. Phil will be gone Mon - Fri each week. It will be a big adjustment for me and the kids. I think it will be really good for Phil to have his first couple of months at work without the pressure of coming home to family each night. It will allow him to spend all the time he needs learning what his company requires of him. BUT I'm not looking forward to being away from him 5 days a week.

I know our time apart is nothing compared to the military wives/families who are without daddy for months and sometimes years. I have a good friends who's husband is in Iraq and she is here taking care of her three little ones. I am thankful that the Lord is my strength and not my hubby. For with God all things are possible!! I sure will miss him though.

I'm in good company with other Reese woman who have had a be a super mom! My dear sis-in- law is often separated from Phil's brother while he travels for his company. And my dear mom-in-law for years was on her own while Dad traveled with an evangelistic team. I pray that God will use this time to draw me even close to the kids and prepare us for the move and home schooling. I'd covet your prayers for me that I will be selfless and tender to the needs of the kids even more now that Phil is not here daily. Phil is such a great father!

We'll I'm off to finish dinner and have a birthday cake with the kids to celebrate Caleb's Birthday. We are having his "real" party next week. Sam & Caleb will celebrate their birthdays together by having a swimming party at one of our local hotels.

0 comments: