The Gang

The Gang
October 2008 Sweet Potatoe Harvest

About Me

I am a busy mommy of 6, seeking to be a loving, godly helpmeet to my husband and a biblical discipler to my children. God has blessed us with a child with Autism. May the lessons that the Lord is teaching me and our family be a blessing to you and yours!

My Favorite Books

  • Bible
  • Created to be His Helpmeet by Debi Pearl
  • Four-Season Harvest by Eliot Coleman
  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver
  • Home Cheese Making by Ricki Carroll
  • Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon
  • Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp
  • The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace
Sunday, November 25, 2007
Yep you guessed it, the Christmas tree has fallen! It lasted less than 24 hours. We were hoping to get one more year out of our fake tree. Last year the stand snapped when we were taking it down. Phil used the Yooper Man's favorite tool...... ducktape and tried to get the stand to work. It was fine until Thomas tried to hang an ornament as high up as he could reach. Then it came crashing down. Thankfully I only have plastic shatterproof bulbs since my younger boys still think that anything round is a ball for throwing!

Phil tried to reinforce the stand again with something stiff & ducktape but it only took a couple hours for it to fall again.

Next weekend he will take the older kids out for a real tree. Then after Christmas I'll go shopping for a nice fake tree on clearance. I got the one we've used for the past few years for about $35 on clearance and it was a $179 tree. I'm praying I'll find just as good of a deal this year. I like the advantage of getting to enjoy our tree for at least 4 weeks without having the mess of the needles falling off and being dragged through the entire house.

0 comments: