The Gang

The Gang
October 2008 Sweet Potatoe Harvest

About Me

I am a busy mommy of 6, seeking to be a loving, godly helpmeet to my husband and a biblical discipler to my children. God has blessed us with a child with Autism. May the lessons that the Lord is teaching me and our family be a blessing to you and yours!

My Favorite Books

  • Bible
  • Created to be His Helpmeet by Debi Pearl
  • Four-Season Harvest by Eliot Coleman
  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver
  • Home Cheese Making by Ricki Carroll
  • Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon
  • Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp
  • The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Are there any other mom's out there severely lacking in sleep these days? We've had the cough cold moving through the house for the past couple of weeks. I got it early last week, thankfully since I loaded myself with Kyolic Garlic, Vit C & Echinacia I'm not feeling that bad even though I do still cough occasionally. Last night my poor little Philip was up coughing until after Mid-night. I tried the Vicks on his feet with socks, propping him up on several pillows so he was practically sitting, cough medicine, sipps of water, etc. and nothing was helping to relieve his cough. Finally, he decided to head back to his own bed much to my relief! I couldn't sleep with him coughing.

6:30 a.m. seemed to come awfully fast this morning! I think the one thing that is most difficult when single parenting are the times when you cannot get the sleep you need! For me I have to make sure to spend some extra time in the Word on days like today so I can have a sweet spirit while dealing with my kids. I'm a red head and very good at allowing my temper and tongue to fly but for the grace of God!

So now that the kids are off to school I'm off to shower and spend some time "resting" in the Lord.

James 1:22 "But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves." NASB

0 comments: