The Gang

The Gang
October 2008 Sweet Potatoe Harvest

About Me

I am a busy mommy of 6, seeking to be a loving, godly helpmeet to my husband and a biblical discipler to my children. God has blessed us with a child with Autism. May the lessons that the Lord is teaching me and our family be a blessing to you and yours!

My Favorite Books

  • Bible
  • Created to be His Helpmeet by Debi Pearl
  • Four-Season Harvest by Eliot Coleman
  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver
  • Home Cheese Making by Ricki Carroll
  • Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon
  • Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp
  • The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace
Saturday, January 19, 2008
It has been a frustrating week. Nathan even with prompting every 20 min or so for FOUR days is still not taking an initiative to go potty on his own. He is going potty on the toilet when I encourage him to go, but if I miss having him try every 20-30 min he is fine with going potty in his pants then running to tell me that he has to go potty.

I've never had this much trouble with any of my kids! He has all the readiness signs and can go potty on his own and doesn't want to have a diaper on. BUT he still doesn't seem to be sensing when he has to go potty before he goes in his pants.

So I get to look forward to several more days of setting my timer and getting trying to help this boy understand that he is supposed to pee in the toilet ALL the time!

Ugh!! You'd think that since he is my 6th this would be a piece of cake! BUT this has been more trying that training my autistic son. Hopefully next week I'll have a success post to write!

0 comments: