The Gang

The Gang
October 2008 Sweet Potatoe Harvest

About Me

I am a busy mommy of 6, seeking to be a loving, godly helpmeet to my husband and a biblical discipler to my children. God has blessed us with a child with Autism. May the lessons that the Lord is teaching me and our family be a blessing to you and yours!

My Favorite Books

  • Bible
  • Created to be His Helpmeet by Debi Pearl
  • Four-Season Harvest by Eliot Coleman
  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver
  • Home Cheese Making by Ricki Carroll
  • Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon
  • Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp
  • The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace
Friday, February 15, 2008
We are officially out of diapers!! Nathan has not had an accident for a few days and notifies me every time he has to go potty by shouting at the top of his lungs "Ma,I go pee pee!" He has even been waking up in the morning dry. YEAH!! He is quite funny about his bowel movements. He says, "Ma, I go "sniff" "sniff"" Yep He crunches up his nose in a very cute way and sniffs two times. It makes me laugh each time! :-)

I think graduating from Diapers will be much easier than empty nesting. However, it is a strange feeling when one phase of life ends. I've had a child in diapers for the past 11 years 4 months. No more carrying around a diaper bag, I can re arrange my bathroom to get rid of the changing counter, and the diaper pail can be pitched! How fun!!

A few months ago I bought my first purse since about 1998. I bought it just big enough for my stuff and 1 diaper. Now I can have an even slimmer purse!

What's next..... puberty.................. AHHHHHHH!!

1 comments:

Tricia T said...

Hi Shirley! I've been thinking about you ever since I started TAC!! :) I'm so excited about it. Have you seen their new catalog? I love their new signature series stamps... all Christian based or very inspirational. I'm SO very glad I made the switch from Stampin' Up! I need to read your blog and catch up on your life!! Keep in touch!