The Gang

The Gang
October 2008 Sweet Potatoe Harvest

About Me

I am a busy mommy of 6, seeking to be a loving, godly helpmeet to my husband and a biblical discipler to my children. God has blessed us with a child with Autism. May the lessons that the Lord is teaching me and our family be a blessing to you and yours!

My Favorite Books

  • Bible
  • Created to be His Helpmeet by Debi Pearl
  • Four-Season Harvest by Eliot Coleman
  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver
  • Home Cheese Making by Ricki Carroll
  • Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon
  • Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp
  • The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace
Monday, March 31, 2008
Tonight we are having guests for dinner so I'm using up some food that really doesn't fit into our new healthy menu plan, however it will be a fun treat to have a little of and share with others.

Menu:
Crock Pot Round Steak
Organic Semolina Egg noddles
Steamed Peas
Salad
WW Biscuits or WW Rolls (whichever I have time for)
Apple Pie w/ cool whip (the freezer kind.... not my favorite but I have one I need to use up)

Crock pot round steak
1 pastured beef round steak
1 bottle Annies Organic French Dressing
1 recipe of onion soup mix (below)

Place steak in bottom of crock pot. You can cut it into thirds to make it fit if you have a smaller crock pot. Sprinkle meat with the onion soup mix. Pour French dressing over the meat. Swish the bottle and pour the water/dressing over the meat. Put on low all day, or on high for a few hours. We serve this meat with sauce over egg noodles or brown rice.

Onion Soup Mix
You may be wondering WHY I make my own onion soup mix. First, most have gluten or wheat in them and my Thomas cannot have gluten. Second, onion soup mix usually has MSG and/or other flavor enhancing preservatives. Third... it is really easy to do and I'm never running to the store for a packet of onion soup mix! :-)

1/4 cup minced dehydrated onion
2 TBSP powdered bouillon (been chicken or veggie, make sure your source for bouillon is MSG & preservative free too)
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt.

Sometime this week I'll make tacos and give you my homemade Taco seasoning recipe too! First I have to make my sour cream from our pasture fed raw cow's cream & the buttermilk that was left after we shook the rest of the cream into butter.

0 comments: