The Gang

The Gang
October 2008 Sweet Potatoe Harvest

About Me

I am a busy mommy of 6, seeking to be a loving, godly helpmeet to my husband and a biblical discipler to my children. God has blessed us with a child with Autism. May the lessons that the Lord is teaching me and our family be a blessing to you and yours!

My Favorite Books

  • Bible
  • Created to be His Helpmeet by Debi Pearl
  • Four-Season Harvest by Eliot Coleman
  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver
  • Home Cheese Making by Ricki Carroll
  • Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon
  • Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp
  • The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace
Thursday, September 13, 2007
Phil and Caleb got home at about 9:30 last night. Caleb went straight to bed. Today we started his eye drop medicine which brought some whinning and tears from Caleb. Thankfully I was prepared for that since there is a dear friend of ours, who lost an eye many years ago before there was the technology available to save her eye, shared with me how painful the drops were and how difficult it was being on bed rest for so many weeks. Her experience has made me more simpathetic to Caleb when he fusses about the eye medicines.

Today Caleb is simply exhausted. He is laying in bed with his eyes covered. I haven't seen him attempt to open his good eye yet. He just wants to rest. We are thankful that his head is not hurting him.

Please pray that he will start to eat. Yesterday he had one bowl of cereal, today he still doesn't have an appetite. He is a skinny boy and I don't want him to get too weak from not eating. He told Elizabeth that he has the stomach flu. :-)

We are thankful that he is home. His next doctors appointment is scheduled for Sept 19th.

0 comments: