The Gang

The Gang
October 2008 Sweet Potatoe Harvest

About Me

I am a busy mommy of 6, seeking to be a loving, godly helpmeet to my husband and a biblical discipler to my children. God has blessed us with a child with Autism. May the lessons that the Lord is teaching me and our family be a blessing to you and yours!

My Favorite Books

  • Bible
  • Created to be His Helpmeet by Debi Pearl
  • Four-Season Harvest by Eliot Coleman
  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver
  • Home Cheese Making by Ricki Carroll
  • Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon
  • Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp
  • The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
WHEW!! After several hours we have FINALLY finished the boys room and moved them in. Below you will see pictures of the completed room. I'm sorry that I didn't take any before pictures. Try to picture in your mind a room that was completely white with several nicks, crayon marks, and stains on the walls and trim.

Yesterday we fought with the border for a LONG time. We learned after our first failed attempt that borders are NOT supposed to be put up over textured walls. The walls in this room have that rough sand finish (which we HATE). Phil had to pick up border paste and it took both of us and 1/2 a bottle of paste to get this self adhesive border to stick to the wall. Not to mention a lot of sweat & some tears/tantrums. Tee Hee!

For those of you who don't know me well. I am NOT a painter! The only thing I've ever painted in my life is my finger and toe nails! So painting this room was quite an undertaking. It was also my first time using faux glaze and sponging. I'm hoping that the textured look will help to hide the finger prints. Wishful thinking hey??

None the less the boys have a new room and I think they will enjoy being away from the three little boys!

4 comments:

mitchells2000 said...

Well, for being a painting rookie, it looks REALLY good! I can't believe how big your kids are getting!

Shannon Smith said...

Congrats on finishing the room. It looks nice! Now it's up to the boys to keep it that way, right! :)

Unknown said...

Good job on the room. Did the boys chose the theme?

Shirley said...

The ball theme was choosen because they received this bedding about 1 1/2 years ago from grandparents for their birthday. So we had all the stuff to do it and just had never painted or used the border. They've been using the bedding for at least a year. So it is quite faded.

I used blue paint that I already had in the house and thankfully it worked well with the faded comforter sets.