The Gang

The Gang
October 2008 Sweet Potatoe Harvest

About Me

I am a busy mommy of 6, seeking to be a loving, godly helpmeet to my husband and a biblical discipler to my children. God has blessed us with a child with Autism. May the lessons that the Lord is teaching me and our family be a blessing to you and yours!

My Favorite Books

  • Bible
  • Created to be His Helpmeet by Debi Pearl
  • Four-Season Harvest by Eliot Coleman
  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver
  • Home Cheese Making by Ricki Carroll
  • Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon
  • Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp
  • The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace
Sunday, September 9, 2007
Sam is on his way to the hospital with Phil. We were about to sit down to eat dinner after church tonight and Sam decided to try to cut a piece of celery with my good Pampered Chef serrated bread knife. Of course he was NOT practicing safe knife usage and was cutting toward his own finger instead of away or on a cutting board. He started to scream and I grabbed his finger shoving it under the water. It is a cut about an inch long, as I was holding it under the water I released my squeeze on it and it spread to about 1/4 inch when I put it back together a bunch of tissue oozed out. Phil just called and I guess it has stopped bleeding so I don't know if it will need stitches or not. I was freaked out by the fatty tissue oozing out. We'll see what the doctor has to say when he looks at it. Boys will be boys!

Update: Samuel did have to get three stitches in his finger. They will come out on the 18th.

0 comments: