The Gang

The Gang
October 2008 Sweet Potatoe Harvest

About Me

I am a busy mommy of 6, seeking to be a loving, godly helpmeet to my husband and a biblical discipler to my children. God has blessed us with a child with Autism. May the lessons that the Lord is teaching me and our family be a blessing to you and yours!

My Favorite Books

  • Bible
  • Created to be His Helpmeet by Debi Pearl
  • Four-Season Harvest by Eliot Coleman
  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver
  • Home Cheese Making by Ricki Carroll
  • Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon
  • Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp
  • The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace
Monday, June 30, 2008

Tuesday July 1st at 8 a.m. Caleb will undergo eye surgery again. This time they will be removing the oil that has served as a splint for the detached side wall of his retina. They will put natural fluids back into his eye which will allow the eye pressure to function as normal. When he heals from this surgery he will be fitted for a contact that will allow him to see close up again. He can see things far away but they are a bit blurry. I think it is totally amazing that he can see at all without a lens in his eye.

Phil, Caleb, & Sam (who wanted to be with his brother at the surgery), are leaving at 4:30 a.m. to get to the hospital. Please pray with us that the surgery will go well and that Caleb will have a smooth recovery. I'm excited for him that he has his own bedroom to rest in this time.

I'll try to update my blog tomorrow night to let everyone know how the surgery went.

0 comments: