The Gang

The Gang
October 2008 Sweet Potatoe Harvest

About Me

I am a busy mommy of 6, seeking to be a loving, godly helpmeet to my husband and a biblical discipler to my children. God has blessed us with a child with Autism. May the lessons that the Lord is teaching me and our family be a blessing to you and yours!

My Favorite Books

  • Bible
  • Created to be His Helpmeet by Debi Pearl
  • Four-Season Harvest by Eliot Coleman
  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver
  • Home Cheese Making by Ricki Carroll
  • Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon
  • Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp
  • The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace
Friday, June 6, 2008



These are the pictures of the kids celebrating their first nice day of summer vacation! The kids are outside playing with the roosters & rabbits, ridding bikes, golfing in the football field & overall enjoying the beautiful day!

I'm not sure if you can tell how many boxes we added yesterday, but it is very exciting to me to see this pile of boxes grow as area's of the house empty out. I have another 10 boxes that were finished yesterday that are still in the basement. When Thomas is done with therapy today we will haul them up along with all the therapy items.

Today we have an answer to prayer to share: Phil was able to find some folks who work at LTC to carpool with! The carpool is about 3 miles from our Irish Road House. There are already 3 in the carpool, with Phil joining they will each only have to drive every fourth week. What a huge savings on gas that will be!!

We are very thankful for the good rain that we have had this week. Now that we are gardeners the rain is such an answer to prayer since it allows our soil to remain moist and fertile! Phil said we have beans coming up and the broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts & cabbage are doing GREAT! Phil was able to get my largest tomato plants into the ground yesterday even though the dirt was quite mucky. He planted my Cosmont Volkov & Beeser (cherry) Tomatoes. These plants were each over 1 foot tall already so he buried them a good 4 inches to help make the plants stronger. Today he hopes to get the rest of the tomatoes in, if the weather cooperates.

Today I'm going to get some baking done for Thomas for camp: a quadrouple batch of waffles & some cookies. Then will use up all the rest of the boxes I have packing up the rest of the office & hopefully Phil's office in the basement. I'm in the home stretch with the list getting smaller and smaller but yet there is still so much left to do. I'm thankful that yesterday and today I feel really good. The cold I had last week really wiped me out and early this week I was simply exhausted still.

I end with some simple praises and thanksgiving to the Lord:
~Thank you Lord for the Rain!
~Thank you Lord for daily strength!
~ We praise you for providing a carpool for Phil!
~ We praise you for a good church body at our new house!
~ Thank you for a good nights sleep (and for getting to sleep in a little)!
~ Thank you for a beautiful day!

Ps. 89:5 The Heavens shall praise they wonders, O Lord: thy faithfulness also in the congregation of the saints!

What are you praising and thanking God for Today?

0 comments: