The Gang

The Gang
October 2008 Sweet Potatoe Harvest

About Me

I am a busy mommy of 6, seeking to be a loving, godly helpmeet to my husband and a biblical discipler to my children. God has blessed us with a child with Autism. May the lessons that the Lord is teaching me and our family be a blessing to you and yours!

My Favorite Books

  • Bible
  • Created to be His Helpmeet by Debi Pearl
  • Four-Season Harvest by Eliot Coleman
  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver
  • Home Cheese Making by Ricki Carroll
  • Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon
  • Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp
  • The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace
Friday, April 4, 2008
Over the past few weeks I've had the opportunity to show our house to three different families that are coming to work at NBBC this fall. This morning we got a call from one of the families. They want to talk with Phil about the house and the possibility of starting to rent it by mid-June. Sam & I cleaned the house for FOUR hours before this particular family came to see it.

Having a renter in this house would help so much to offset the expenses of this place allowing us to apply more finances to debt reduction. The renters we had lined up for the basement apartment backed out. So having the top rented would be such huge help!!

Sam & I will be working hard on completing all his school work by noon so that we can work on packing, cleaning, painting and as many repairs a mom & son are able to do. I think the painting and repairs can count as shop class! :-)

We have a lot of cosmetic surgery to do on the house to get it ready for a renter. Having to get that all done by mid-June along with putting in our garden and moving will make for a very hectic spring!!

I'm off to read about Christopher Columbus to Samuel!

0 comments: