The Gang

The Gang
October 2008 Sweet Potatoe Harvest

About Me

I am a busy mommy of 6, seeking to be a loving, godly helpmeet to my husband and a biblical discipler to my children. God has blessed us with a child with Autism. May the lessons that the Lord is teaching me and our family be a blessing to you and yours!

My Favorite Books

  • Bible
  • Created to be His Helpmeet by Debi Pearl
  • Four-Season Harvest by Eliot Coleman
  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver
  • Home Cheese Making by Ricki Carroll
  • Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon
  • Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp
  • The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Well we are still waiting to hear from our new land lord as to when we will be able to move into the new house. I just found out that my strawberry plants, rhubarb, potatoes, onions sets and garlic are due to arrive at the end of the week. Phil is going to make sure that we can start planting at the new house if not I have to come up with 50 pots for my strawberries this weekend! How fun!

Today I needed some fresh air, so I re hoed the part of our garden here where I'm planting some peas, spinach, and lettuce for us to harvest by mid June before we move. I wasn't wanting to use our good fencing for my pea trellis so I decided to use our round tomato steaks from last year and planted a pea plant at each of the three tines at the base of the steaks. Now I just have to pray that the rabbits in town here have decided to get some extra sleep these cool weeks while my plants get established.

Samuel will be helping me put our Dill, and some other herbs into larger pots today for his science class. We are also very excited to have some pumpkin, cantelope, musk melon, and watermelon plants starting to grow.

0 comments: