The Gang

The Gang
October 2008 Sweet Potatoe Harvest

About Me

I am a busy mommy of 6, seeking to be a loving, godly helpmeet to my husband and a biblical discipler to my children. God has blessed us with a child with Autism. May the lessons that the Lord is teaching me and our family be a blessing to you and yours!

My Favorite Books

  • Bible
  • Created to be His Helpmeet by Debi Pearl
  • Four-Season Harvest by Eliot Coleman
  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver
  • Home Cheese Making by Ricki Carroll
  • Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon
  • Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp
  • The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace
Saturday, April 5, 2008
Yesterday I packed and pitched a lot of stuff from the front porch I still have a couple hours of work to do out there today then it will be all packed up and empty with the exception of my freezer. The porch will soon become my greenhouse for all the starter plants for the garden. I already have 5 different tomato plants that have sprouted. My Russian tomatoes have the most plants sprouted so far. None of my pepper plants have yet.

Today I'll be starting cauliflower, broccoli, red onion, lettuce (I'm hoping for some finished heads by late May), celery, brussels sprouts, leeks, cabbage, sweet basil, chives, greek oregano, peppermint, sage, thyme, dill, cilantro, chamomile, curled parsley, italian parsley, and rosemary.

I'll try to post later a continuation of our Autism Story and more on eating healthy.

0 comments: