The Gang

The Gang
October 2008 Sweet Potatoe Harvest

About Me

I am a busy mommy of 6, seeking to be a loving, godly helpmeet to my husband and a biblical discipler to my children. God has blessed us with a child with Autism. May the lessons that the Lord is teaching me and our family be a blessing to you and yours!

My Favorite Books

  • Bible
  • Created to be His Helpmeet by Debi Pearl
  • Four-Season Harvest by Eliot Coleman
  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver
  • Home Cheese Making by Ricki Carroll
  • Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon
  • Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp
  • The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace
Monday, May 12, 2008

We have 28 baby chicks peeping away in the apartment eating, drinking and fluffing their wings. We ordered an assortment of "heavy" males for butchering. I've really missed chicken since deciding to no longer purchase mass raised unhealthy chicken. The company I wanted to order my egg & butchering chickens from has all their egg layers on back order until late June. So I ordered my roosters and will be getting my egg layers from our local feed mill in a couple weeks.



The chicks are safe in a box under lock and key. The kids are enjoying watching them and I am glad to know that our meat is safe from the kids! :-)

I am also working on my first batch of cheese today. I'm making Farmhouse Cheddar. Currently my pot is sitting at 90 degrees allowing the curd to separate from the whey. Off I go to finish our first batch of cheese. Later I'll post about our visit to the farm house this past weekend.

0 comments: