The Gang

The Gang
October 2008 Sweet Potatoe Harvest

About Me

I am a busy mommy of 6, seeking to be a loving, godly helpmeet to my husband and a biblical discipler to my children. God has blessed us with a child with Autism. May the lessons that the Lord is teaching me and our family be a blessing to you and yours!

My Favorite Books

  • Bible
  • Created to be His Helpmeet by Debi Pearl
  • Four-Season Harvest by Eliot Coleman
  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver
  • Home Cheese Making by Ricki Carroll
  • Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon
  • Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp
  • The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace
Thursday, May 29, 2008

This morning I woke after a very short night to rise and shine get ready for the day and spend some time with the Lord. While I was having my devotions Philip came down. We were chatting a bit and for some reason Philip asked, "Mom are you 60 like daddy?" I laughed thinking.... Ok, I may feel like I'm 60 today but hopefully I don't look like it! I responded "Honey, Daddy and I are 36." My dear Philip who I think has clogged ears again due to excessive wax says, "Oh your 56?!" So I repeated very slowly and loudly, "NO, THIRTY SIX!"He looked at me sweetly smiled, gave me a squeeze and said, "Oh Firty six" and went back to his eating. I laughed and went back to my bible reading thinking about the fact that I am so blessed to be a mommy, even if I am accused of being 60 years old!

Sorry for the old picture. This was from this past Christmas. I thought it showed Philip's glowing mischievous smile well!!

1 comments:

Karis said...

What cute interaction! I remember one time when Kayla was teasing me but I was busy so I didn't catch on right away and when I corrected her, she repeated herself with more voice intonation and then I got it and loved that moment!