The Gang

The Gang
October 2008 Sweet Potatoe Harvest

About Me

I am a busy mommy of 6, seeking to be a loving, godly helpmeet to my husband and a biblical discipler to my children. God has blessed us with a child with Autism. May the lessons that the Lord is teaching me and our family be a blessing to you and yours!

My Favorite Books

  • Bible
  • Created to be His Helpmeet by Debi Pearl
  • Four-Season Harvest by Eliot Coleman
  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver
  • Home Cheese Making by Ricki Carroll
  • Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon
  • Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp
  • The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Each day as a I mother my children, I am more and more grateful for the godly mother I have. Mom Conover you are my Martha Mom. You are always faithfully serving others at the expense of taking time for yourself. Mom, thank you for being so faithful to the Lord, to Daddy, and to us over the years. Thank you for making sure Kirk and I were raised in the church even through the years when daddy wasn't interested in spiritual things. Mom, thank you for being an example of how to seek out godly wisdom from the Word and from your godly authorities (our Pastor & Pastor's wife). Thank you for being transparent as you journeyed through your Christian growth. Your strength of godly character and unmovable faith served as a pillar for our family for many years. Mom, thanks for always keeping up with the tasks of the household for doing our laundry, making our meals and taking time to have fun with us. Thank you for always being available for a chat, and for bearing our burdens with us through your tears and prayers. Thank you for being with me as I became a mommy for the first time, and for being there as we welcomed each one of our children into this world. Thank you for your fun spirit and your contagious laugh. Mom, most of all thank you for being you!

I love you Mom!

Mom Reese, you are my Mary Mother. Thank you for accepting me into your heart and home as your daughter-in-law. Thank you for being such a constant example of a praying, discipling parent. Thank you for raising your son to be such a tender, compassionate, godly man. Thank you for the times you have graciously, prayerfully, and gently given us biblical wisdom and guidance. Thank you for being an example of how important it is to sit at the feet of Jesus and for how fully surrendered you are to Christ.

I love you Mom!

Thank you to both of my Mom's for showing me Christ as you daily strive to walk with Him and be more like Him.

Happy Mothers Day!

0 comments: