The Gang

The Gang
October 2008 Sweet Potatoe Harvest

About Me

I am a busy mommy of 6, seeking to be a loving, godly helpmeet to my husband and a biblical discipler to my children. God has blessed us with a child with Autism. May the lessons that the Lord is teaching me and our family be a blessing to you and yours!

My Favorite Books

  • Bible
  • Created to be His Helpmeet by Debi Pearl
  • Four-Season Harvest by Eliot Coleman
  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver
  • Home Cheese Making by Ricki Carroll
  • Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon
  • Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp
  • The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
There are a lot of families who are concerned about the bug sprays they use on their children. However, many do not take the time to consider how many toxic chemicals they are slathering on their bodies to protect themselves from the supposed harmful ray's of the sun. A blogging friend of mine Stephanie wrote up a two part post on sunscreens. She has some GREAT information to consider when shopping for your families sunscreen this year. Click on her name and it will take you to her blog then look for her posts: "My thoughts on sunscreen. " Dr. Mercola also has some great information on sunscreen and bug spray.

I try to use very little sunscreen on the kids. Instead I limit their time in the sun during the hottest parts of the day and/or make sure they are clothed in such a way to minimize skin exposure. This year Nathan, Philip & Thomas already have nice little "tan's" from exposure to the sun in the later afternoons. I'm glad that on the "farm" there are wooded areas that I can encourage the kids to play in during the heat of the day.

What are you doing to help you and your family handle the sun without toxic sunscreen?

0 comments: